How to use Paint.Net to make 3D signature? Here are the basic steps:
1. You will need "Drop Shadow Effect"，click here to download.
2. Click File > New... to create a new file.
3. Add a new layer (transparent) and then delete the background/original layer.
4. Use "Text" tool to create the signature text; You should finish all the operations related to text, e.g. text font, color, position, font style and etc, together before you proccede the next step. Once you move on, it will be really hard to make change on the text.
5. Click Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow... Depend on the font size, for example, I use font size 72 and then I make OffsetX=5, OffsetY=5, Widening Radius=2, Blur Radius=4, R=17, G=17, B=17. It is really up to you to pick these parameters.
6. Click Image > Canvas Size.. to adjust canvas to fit your signature.
7. Save and you are set!!! :)
How to put the designed signature to your photo? That is easy:
1. Open both your signature file and your target photo.
2. On the target photo, create a new layer.
3. On the signature on, ctrl-A to select all and the ctrl-c to copy.
4. On the target photo, ctrl-V to paste the copied signature and then move to the position you like.
5. Ctrl-D to deselecet the signature.
6. Click "Merge layer down" to merge both layer and then save.
Wow, here you are: your photo with your signature. :)
↓ I got some idea from this article:
Paint.Net Tutorials - Google Logo